5 Shouts - 23,414 Scrobbles
Just a bit more extensively recorded than some of his compatriots on Harry Smith's 1952 folksong collection Anthology of American Folk Music, Coley Jones recorded a total of 17 sides for Columbia, both as a solo act and as the leader of the Dallas String Band. Before his recording days, he worked in a traveling minstrel show. His Dallas String Band, with Sam Harris on guitar and Marco Washington on bass, recorded ten songs for Columbia between 1927 and 1929.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Drunkard's Special - (3:17) - 1,156 plays
- Army Mule In No Man's Land - (2:52) - 16 plays
- Traveling Man - (3:34) - 13 plays
- Travelling Man - (3:32) - 2 plays
- --Drunkard's Special - (3:16) - 4 plays
- Drunkard's Special (Child #274) - (3:16) - 1 plays
- Drunkard’s Special - (3:16) - 1 plays
- Smarža - (3:16) - 1 plays
- Hokum Blues - (3:26) - 1 plays
- The Elder's He's My Man - (2:52) - 1 plays