31 Shouts - 1,382,279 Scrobbles
Coleman Randolph Hawkins (1904-1969), nicknamed "Hawk" and sometimes "Bean", is a prominent jazz tenor saxophone musician. He is an important pioneer on the instrument, and many consider him the father of jazz saxophone. During his long career Hawkins was always inventive and seeking new challenges. He directly influenced many bebop performers, and later in his career, recorded or performed with such adventurous musicians as Sonny Rollins, who considered him his main influence, and John Coltrane.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Body and Soul - (3:53) - 7,750 plays
- Desafinado - (5:49) - 2,704 plays
- La Rosita - (5:02) - 1,829 plays
- A Night In Tunisia: Hot Mallets - (2:15) - 1,664 plays
- April In Paris - (3:55) - 1,706 plays
- Picasso - (3:16) - 1,362 plays
- Blues For Yolande - (6:52) - 1,436 plays
- Honeysuckle rose - (3:02) - 1,374 plays
- The Man I Love - (5:07) - 1,292 plays
- Samba Para Bean - (5:28) - 1,445 plays