36 Shouts - 1,644,128 Scrobbles
Coleman Randolph Hawkins (November 21, 1904 – May 19, 1969), nicknamed Hawk and sometimes "Bean", was an American jazz tenor saxophonist. While Hawkins is strongly associated with the swing music and big band era, he had a role in the development of bebop in the 1940s.
Fellow saxophonist Lester Young, known as "Pres", commented in a 1959 interview with The Jazz Review: "As far as I'm concerned, I think Coleman Hawkins was the President first, right? As far as myself, I think I'm the second one." Miles Davis once said: "When I heard Hawk, I learned to play ballads."
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Greensleeves - (3:15) - 7,934 plays
- LyricsMy heart is sad and lonely
For you I sigh, for you dear only
Why haven't you seen it
I'm all for you body and soul
I spend my days in longing
- La Rosita - (5:05) - 3,256 plays
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes - (4:37) - 1,234 plays
- Desafinado - (5:49) - 1,276 plays
- Samba Para Bean - (5:29) - 1,070 plays
- One Note Samba (Samba De Uma Nota So) - (5:57) - 966 plays
- April in Paris - (3:55) - 836 plays
- Picasso - (3:16) - 962 plays
- It Never Entered My Mind - (5:47) - 879 plays