64 Shouts - 549,634 Scrobbles
Cole Albert Porter (June 9, 1891 – October 15, 1964) was an American composer and songwriter from Indiana. His works include the musical comedies Kiss Me, Kate (1948) (based on Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew), Fifty Million Frenchmen and Anything Goes, as well as songs like "Night and Day", "I Get a Kick Out of You" and "I've Got You Under My Skin". He was noted for his sophisticated (sometimes ribald) lyrics, clever rhymes, and complex forms.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsTimes have changed
And we've often rewound the clock
Since the Puritans got a shock
When they landed on Plymouth Rock.
- Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love) - (2:01) - 3,101 plays
- LyricsAt words poetic, I'm so pathetic
That I always have found it best,
Instead of getting 'em off my chest,
To let 'em rest unexpressed,
I hate parading my serenading
- You Do Something To Me - (2:42) - 2,037 plays
- I love Paris - (2:09) - 1,130 plays
- Night and Day - (3:13) - 997 plays
- Lets Do It - (3:33) - 1,065 plays
- Easy to love - (2:08) - 852 plays
- Let's Do It - (3:08) - 949 plays
- Be Like the Bluebird - (2:51) - 540 plays