56 Shouts - 659,024 Scrobbles
Cold Specks is 23-year-old Al Spx from Etobicoke, Canada, who now lives in London. Cold Specks' music is steeped in the musical traditions of the Deep South. No wonder then that Al cites the Lomax Field Recordings and James Carr as influences along with Bill Callahan and Tom Waits. With a voice that evokes the 'spirit feel' of Mahalia Jackson and the visceral tones of Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Cold Specks' sparse arrangements and chaingang rhythms stop you dead in your tracks.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Winter Solstice - (4:05) - 9,193 plays
- Blank Maps - (3:12) - 5,687 plays
- LyricsRotterdam, goddamn
This starving go against,
And then tar mulling up the opposed modernity
And I heard them scream
We are many, we are many, we are
- Living Signs - (2:38) - 3,349 plays
- LyricsKeep them BODIES AT BAY, down the house
Keep them BODIES AT BAY, down the house
Darling all my love will age
The fun fastens like a bad song
Who am I to complain?
- A Broken Memory - (2:26) - 2,868 plays
- The Mark - (2:16) - 3,103 plays
- Absisto - (4:23) - 2,589 plays
- Lay Me Down - (3:10) - 2,766 plays
- When the City Lights Dim - (3:20) - 2,704 plays