0 Shouts - 31,495 Scrobbles
Clawjob (http://www.clawjob.com) was the result of two guys struggling to cope with the ambiguities and difficulties of life in this total pissbucket of a world. Clawjob specialized in concept albums and ambitious confrontation of major life issues.Read More...
Clawjob's last release, an EP called Manifest Destiny, is focused on 19th-century American history and totally doing whatever awful thing you want without any regard for the well-being of others. Manifest Destiny was Clawjob's first release since their 2006 debut full-length album, Space Crackers, a science fiction rock opera that adroitly addresses the complex subjects of love, mortality, science, and ravenous alien assault.
Clawjob formed in 2000 in Boston, Massachusetts. The two members of Clawjob are Mike Gintz, formerly of Clickers, and Nick Burgess. The two formerly played Mega Man soundtrack covers as the unimaginatively-named Project X. The live version of Clawjob usually included various other musicians from the Boston independent music scene, including members of Tristan Da Cunha and Night Rally, but was occasionally stripped down to the two core members as a guitar/drums duo.
Clawjob effectively ceased operations in 2008; both members went on to start a new band called Hex Map.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Vast Emptiness of Space - 2,414 plays
- Welcome to Space School - 2,699 plays
- I Got My Space Pass - 2,417 plays
- Crackers + Chips - 2,162 plays
- Dooks of Doom (Pts. I, II, & III) - 1,893 plays
- The Dookarist - 1,758 plays
- Zero Gravity - 1,987 plays
- (Let's Focus on the) Research - 2,189 plays
- Goodnight, Aitken Basin - 1,777 plays
- (Meanwhile...) One Hundred Million Years in the Future - 1,645 plays