60 Shouts - 1,293,462 Scrobbles
Claudio Monteverdi (Cremona, May 15, 1567 – Venice, November 29, 1643) was an Italian composer, violinist and singer. His work marks the transition from Renaissance to Baroque music. During his long life he produced work that can be classified in both categories, and he was one of the most significant revolutionaries that brought about the change in style. Monteverdi wrote the earliest dramatically viable opera, Orfeo, and was fortunate enough to enjoy fame during his lifetime.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lamento della ninfa - (5:12) - 1,608 plays
- L'Orfeo: Toccata - (0:44) - 926 plays
- Canzonette d'amore - (2:36) - 1,002 plays
- Toccata - (1:52) - 856 plays
- Se Nel Partir Da Voi - (2:13) - 783 plays
- I bei legami - (5:13) - 692 plays
- Io mi son giovinetta - (2:33) - 609 plays
- La Violetta - (6:48) - 443 plays
- Lamento d'Arianna - (9:04) - 413 plays
- Vespers of 1610: Deus in adiutorium meum intende - (2:04) - 341 plays