60 Shouts - 1,311,975 Scrobbles
Claudio Monteverdi (Cremona, May 15, 1567 – Venice, November 29, 1643) was an Italian composer, violinist and singer. His work marks the transition from Renaissance to Baroque music. During his long life he produced work that can be classified in both categories, and he was one of the most significant revolutionaries that brought about the change in style. Monteverdi wrote the earliest dramatically viable opera, Orfeo, and was fortunate enough to enjoy fame during his lifetime.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Canzonette d'amore - (2:36) - 1,128 plays
- Lamento della ninfa - (5:12) - 1,477 plays
- Toccata - (1:52) - 697 plays
- L'Orfeo: Toccata - (0:44) - 501 plays
- Se Nel Partir Da Voi - (2:13) - 731 plays
- I bei legami - (5:13) - 710 plays
- Io mi son giovinetta - (2:33) - 529 plays
- Vespers of 1610: Deus in adiutorium meum intende - (2:04) - 415 plays
- La Violetta - (6:48) - 357 plays
- Lamento d'Arianna - (9:04) - 361 plays