60 Shouts - 1,305,359 Scrobbles
Claudio Monteverdi (Cremona, May 15, 1567 – Venice, November 29, 1643) was an Italian composer, violinist and singer. His work marks the transition from Renaissance to Baroque music. During his long life he produced work that can be classified in both categories, and he was one of the most significant revolutionaries that brought about the change in style. Monteverdi wrote the earliest dramatically viable opera, Orfeo, and was fortunate enough to enjoy fame during his lifetime.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lamento della ninfa - (5:12) - 1,548 plays
- Canzonette d'amore - (2:36) - 983 plays
- L'Orfeo: Toccata - (0:44) - 694 plays
- Toccata - (1:52) - 765 plays
- Se Nel Partir Da Voi - (2:13) - 758 plays
- I bei legami - (5:13) - 606 plays
- Io mi son giovinetta - (2:33) - 562 plays
- La Violetta - (6:48) - 393 plays
- Vespers of 1610: Deus in adiutorium meum intende - (2:04) - 378 plays
- Selva morale e spirituale: Confitebor tibi Domine, "Psalm 111" - (6:27) - 325 plays