56 Shouts - 1,175,173 Scrobbles
Claudio Monteverdi (Cremona, May 15, 1567 – Venice, November 29, 1643) was an Italian composer, violinist and singer. His work marks the transition from Renaissance to Baroque music. During his long life he produced work that can be classified in both categories, and he was one of the most significant revolutionaries that brought about the change in style. Monteverdi wrote the earliest dramatically viable opera, Orfeo, and was fortunate enough to enjoy fame during his lifetime.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lamento della ninfa - (5:12) - 2,115 plays
- Canzonette d'amore - (2:36) - 1,235 plays
- I bei legami - (5:13) - 1,183 plays
- Toccata - (1:52) - 1,170 plays
- Io mi son giovinetta - (2:33) - 790 plays
- Se Nel Partir Da Voi - (2:13) - 764 plays
- La Violetta - (6:48) - 602 plays
- Lamento d'Arianna: I. Lasciate mi morire - (1:19) - 490 plays
- Rimanti in pace - (3:54) - 438 plays
- Perfidissimo volto - (3:10) - 427 plays