52 Shouts - 1,091,096 Scrobbles
Claudio Monteverdi (Cremona, May 15, 1567 – Venice, November 29, 1643) was an Italian composer, violinist and singer. His work marks the transition from Renaissance to Baroque music. During his long life he produced work that can be classified in both categories, and he was one of the most significant revolutionaries that brought about the change in style. Monteverdi wrote the earliest dramatically viable opera, Orfeo, and was fortunate enough to enjoy fame during his lifetime.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lamento della ninfa - (5:12) - 3,202 plays
- I bei legami - (5:13) - 2,465 plays
- Toccata - (1:47) - 1,657 plays
- Se Nel Partir Da Voi - (2:13) - 1,080 plays
- Perfidissimo volto - (3:10) - 916 plays
- Io mi son giovinetta - (2:33) - 960 plays
- Almo Divino Raggio - Seconda Parte - (1:48) - 834 plays
- Rimanti in pace - (3:54) - 916 plays
- La Violetta - (6:48) - 814 plays
- Come faro cuor mio - (2:20) - 675 plays