52 Shouts - 1,150,835 Scrobbles
Claudio Monteverdi (Cremona, May 15, 1567 – Venice, November 29, 1643) was an Italian composer, violinist and singer. His work marks the transition from Renaissance to Baroque music. During his long life he produced work that can be classified in both categories, and he was one of the most significant revolutionaries that brought about the change in style. Monteverdi wrote the earliest dramatically viable opera, Orfeo, and was fortunate enough to enjoy fame during his lifetime.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lamento della ninfa - (5:12) - 1,896 plays
- I bei legami - (5:13) - 1,125 plays
- Toccata - (1:47) - 962 plays
- Se Nel Partir Da Voi - (2:13) - 623 plays
- Canzonette d'amore - (2:36) - 611 plays
- Io mi son giovinetta - (2:33) - 607 plays
- Rimanti in pace - (3:54) - 511 plays
- Perfidissimo volto - (3:10) - 496 plays
- Almo Divino Raggio - Seconda Parte - (1:48) - 476 plays
- La Violetta - (6:48) - 476 plays