Clare Fader & The Vaudevillains
0 Shouts - 81,144 Scrobbles
Clare Fader & the Vaudevillains is a dark cabaret act that blends cabaret, jazz, pop, and world music that calls Winston-Salem, North Carolina their home.Read More...
Led by Clare Fader on vocals, the Vaudevillains - Aaron Bachelder (percussion), Brad Cokendolpher (guitar), Mary K. Elinks (cello), and Andy Mabe (bass and backing vocals) - released the album Seventh and Trade in 2003 on the Raconteur Records label, "The Southeast's Most Independent Label" founded by Fader herself.
Prior to Seventh and Trade, Fader released a "solo" album entitled The Elephant's Baby in December, 2000, to which Dirty Linen said, "One of the more unique [sic] American recordings I have heard in recent years."
Clare Fader's music has been used in episodes of MTV's The Real World, as well as in Ramin Bahrani's film Man Push Cart. She's also been featured on a "Biddycast," which is a Podcast program started by her friends the Lascivious Biddies.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Libertango - 11,745 plays
- Catch of the Day - 11,101 plays
- The Epic Moon - 8,683 plays
- Seventh and Trade - 7,036 plays
- Big Bang Theory Man - 5,868 plays
- Down on the Quay - 5,984 plays
- Left With the Thought of You - 6,122 plays
- Betty Crocker's Bail - 5,985 plays
- Only the Neighbors Know - 5,064 plays
- Tain Ya Ta Bain Mei Ren Gui - 4,595 plays