Clare Fader & The Vaudevillains
0 Shouts - 80,967 Scrobbles
Clare Fader & the Vaudevillains is a dark cabaret act that blends cabaret, jazz, pop, and world music that calls Winston-Salem, North Carolina their home.Read More...
Led by Clare Fader on vocals, the Vaudevillains - Aaron Bachelder (percussion), Brad Cokendolpher (guitar), Mary K. Elinks (cello), and Andy Mabe (bass and backing vocals) - released the album Seventh and Trade in 2003 on the Raconteur Records label, "The Southeast's Most Independent Label" founded by Fader herself.
Prior to Seventh and Trade, Fader released a "solo" album entitled The Elephant's Baby in December, 2000, to which Dirty Linen said, "One of the more unique [sic] American recordings I have heard in recent years."
Clare Fader's music has been used in episodes of MTV's The Real World, as well as in Ramin Bahrani's film Man Push Cart. She's also been featured on a "Biddycast," which is a Podcast program started by her friends the Lascivious Biddies.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Libertango - 11,731 plays
- Catch of the Day - 11,068 plays
- The Epic Moon - 8,669 plays
- Seventh and Trade - 7,025 plays
- Big Bang Theory Man - 5,849 plays
- Down on the Quay - 5,979 plays
- Left With the Thought of You - 6,106 plays
- Betty Crocker's Bail - 5,973 plays
- Only the Neighbors Know - 5,056 plays
- Tain Ya Ta Bain Mei Ren Gui - 4,580 plays