Circle Takes the Square
1,986 Shouts - 2,748,612 Scrobbles
Circle Takes the Square (often abbreviated CTTS) is a band from Savannah, Georgia, USA. The band formed in 2001 as a four-piece and after their first two releases they lost a guitarist but gained another in late 2004. What listeners tend to notice first about the band is the loud screaming of both male and female vocals that often function in a kind of call and response. Skillful, chaotic drumming coupled with intense, highly technical bass/guitar work have served to separate the band from most others in the screamo genre.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Enter By The Narrow Gates - (6:55) - 12,909 plays
- Spirit Narrative - (2:46) - 12,257 plays
- Way of Ever-Branching Paths - (9:21) - 10,295 plays
- The Ancestral Other Side - (4:27) - 9,984 plays
- LyricsRejoice, rejoice a noble birth, a prince is born.
Behold the birth of violence, beasts of fang and feather cry for our concrete rapture,
and if we beg to be put down, unto us the most inspired storm.
A princess ravaged by her prince behold; the birth of sex and distance, two frail corpses both were they, his eyes were the first to stray... every tree held fast the earth to sky.
Concrete replaces every branch and twig as they were frayed upon the birth of ambition. The heavens filled our gilded vessel with poison tears, before we drink, I propose a toast, a final prayer.
- Prefaced By The Signal Fires - (5:25) - 9,797 plays
- A Closing Chapter (Scarlet Rising) - (4:54) - 9,389 plays
- Singing Vengeance Into Being - (6:48) - 8,890 plays
- Crowquill - (2:43) - 6,498 plays
- Interview at the Ruins - (5:08) - 7,357 plays