18 Shouts - 188,974 Scrobbles
Chubb Rock (born Richard Simpson on May 28, 1968 in Jamaica) is a New York-based rapper who released several commercially successful hip hop albums in the early 1990s. His stage name is thought to be inspired by the name of "Chuck Robb", although this is most likely more of a clever play on words than a tribute to the politician. His 1991 release entitled The One, reached #13 on Billboard's "Top Hip-Hop/R&B" chart for that year. Three singles from that release made it to #1 on Billboard's "Top Rap Single" chart list for the same year.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Love Will Tear Us Apart - (3:17) - 8,623 plays
- LyricsNineteen ninety, Chubb Rock jumps upon the scene
With a lean and a pocket full of green
The green doesn't symbolize I made it on the top
But Robo Cop last year was a shock
The tone of the Popeye cut shook your butt
- LyricsChubb Rock comin' back hard for nineteen ninety
Word up, word up
Kick this out to my man Rob Swinga, Hot Dog Dinky
Manager [Incomprehensible] Ev Lover y'knahmsayin'?
Dr. No, here we go
- Treat 'Em Right (Cribb Mix) - (4:49) - 381 plays
- Treat 'Em Right (Re-Recorded / Remastered) - (4:38) - 306 plays
- Organizer - (3:21) - 299 plays
- Treat Em Right (Cribb Mix) - (4:46) - 160 plays
- Verse - (1:25) - 118 plays
- What A Year - (3:48) - 155 plays
- The One - (4:43) - 123 plays