0 Shouts - 108,102 Scrobbles
There are two performing artists named Christopher Williams.Read More...
- Cousin to Al B. Sure!, Christopher Williams (born Troy Christopher Williams on August 22, 1967) produced numerous R&B hits during the new jack swing era of the late 1980s and early 1990s. He is also known for having dated Halle Berry and Stacey Dash, the latter whom he has a son (Austin) with. His eldest son, Justin Hylton-Williams, is following in his father's footsteps as an executive in the music industry. In a 2010 interview with MTV, Christopher expressed his desire for Justin to begin his own singing career; siting his son's incredible voice and ear for music.
He released his debut album, entitled Adventures in Paradise, in 1989. The singles "Talk To Myself" and "Promises, Promises" reached the R&B Top 10, and Christopher's powerful voice helped him stand out among his peers. In 1991 he appeared alongside Wesley Snipes and Ice-T in the movie New Jack City. He contributed to the movie's soundtrack with "I'm Dreamin'". It would become Christopher's biggest hit, reaching number one on the R&B chart. His next album, 1992's Changes, produced more hits with "All I See", "Every Little Thing U Do", and a cover of the Teddy Pendergrass classic "Come Go With Me".
Changes would be followed up with Not a Perfect Man in 1995 and Real Men Do in 2001. Since then, he's been appearing in plays such as "Men Cry in the Dark".
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I'm Dreamind - 9,633 plays
- Dreamin' - 10,121 plays
- All I See - 8,882 plays
- Did Not Draw - 5,726 plays
- I'm Dreamin' - 10,309 plays
- Every Little Thing U Do - 7,064 plays
- These Days - 3,690 plays
- Every Time I Say Goodbye - 3,548 plays
- I'm Dreaming - 3,235 plays
- Each Other's Blessing - 2,149 plays