0 Shouts - 479 Scrobbles
The stories are familiar, the sound is immense and it all emanates from the most unlikely of sources. A soft spoken man unashamed to present a transparent look in to the not so ordinary lives of ordinary people. He sings tales riddled with tragedy, despair, hope and redemption; these are songs of the underdog, the inexperienced fool and the weathered traveler. This is music without borders.Read More...
Christin Nelson seems to be traveling the music world from genre to genre picking up scraps of melodies and sounds only to then paste them together in a musical painting that reminds the listener of some place familiar.
Although he is constantly evolving and changing his approach to writing, more recent work has garnered comparisons to artists like: The Wallflowers, Neil Young, Tom Petty, Steve Earle, T.W. Walsh, REM and even Mark Mothersbaugh (DEVO).
Whether it was indie rock, punk, EDM, hip-hop, country or banging on pots and pans in his mom's kitchen as a child, there has been no limitation to what Nelson would try as a musician. This reckless abandon to create music continues to fuel his writing and help mature him as a writer and performer.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Stop Feeding That Demon Or One Day It's Going To Eat You - 69 plays
- The Ballad Of An Independent Thinker - 90 plays
- The Needle And The Damage Done - 75 plays
- When All We Have Is Each Other Why Would You Want Anyone Else - 49 plays
- No More, My Lord - 13 plays
- Red Moon Rising - 17 plays
- In The Pines - 9 plays
- I Would Not Be Denied - 8 plays
- First Dance - 14 plays
- The Truth About Tragedy - 13 plays