4 Shouts - 12,814 Scrobbles
Chitti Babu was one the most pre-eminent Veena artist from the late 1960's to the early 1980's. A desciple of Emani Shakara Shastry, Chitti Babu brought a new verve to the oldest musical intrument. Though there were classical Veena players like Mysore Doraiswamy Iyengar and S. Balachander, Chtti Babu's success spawned a generation of excellent Veena artists like R.K. Suryanarayana, E. Gayatri and S. Sundar.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Manavyala Kinchara - (4:26) - 7 plays
- Sri Ganapathini - (3:19) - 4 plays
- Swara Raga Sudha - (13:45) - 4 plays
- Ranjana Mala - Ragamalika, Taal Adi - (6:44) - 4 plays
- Aadevu Paadevu - (2:47) - 11 plays
- Sarasiruha - (8:59) - 8 plays
- Kowmari Gowri - (3:13) - 9 plays
- Bhajan - (6:14) - 5 plays
- Kowmari Gouri - (3:14) - 3 plays
- Raga Sahana: Adi Taal "Vandanamu" - (11:55) - 4 plays