0 Shouts - 11,333 Scrobbles
K.S. Chithra is a playback singer in Indian movies, mainly Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Oriya, Hindi, Assamese and Bengali movies.Read More...
Born on July 27, 1963, in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), Kerala, into a family of musicians, Chithra’s talent was recognized and nurtured from an early age by her father, the late Krishnan Nair. He was also her first guru (teacher). Chithra received her extensive training in Carnatic music from Dr. K. Omanakutty, after she was selected for the National Talent Search Scholarship from the Central Government from 1978 – 1984. She was introduced to Malayalam playback singing by M. G. Radhakrishnan in 1979. She made her debut in the Tamil film industry in Chennai under the guidance of film music composer Ilaiyaraaja. Her knowledge of South Indian languages and Hindi enables her to render songs with originality and perfection.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rasa Rasa (Language: Tamil; Film: Manasthan; Film Artists: Sarath Kumar, Sakshi) - 1,655 plays
- Rasa Rasa (Language: Tamil; Film: Kannukul Nilavu; Film Artists: Vijay, Shalini) - 887 plays
- Katha Katha (Language: Tamil; Film: Manasthan; Film Artists: Sarath Kumar, Sakshi) - 318 plays
- Vaa Veliye - 63 plays
- Kannamoochchi - 44 plays
- Bani Bani - 59 plays
- Chali Aayee - 64 plays
- Kehna hi kya - 50 plays
- Manjal Prasadavum - 44 plays
- Narayana Te (Raga: Behag) - 20 plays