0 Shouts - 8,520 Scrobbles
Dutch composer (1954). Studied percussion and composition at the Sweelinck conservatory in Amsterdam. His compositionteacher was Ton de Leeuw who himself was a student of Olivier Messiaen.Read More...
Meijering mixes pop and classical-modern. Early works more a-tonal, later works more tonal, with minimal influences here and there. http://www.hubiware.nl/chielmeijering.html
Some of the early works: Mogadon, Ahnung des Endes, La belle dame sans merci.
No writing recorderconcertos for Dan Laurin, cd to be released in may 2015 on the BIS label.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Short skirt lost in nightmusic (Aurelia Saxophonequartet, composition based on Mozart themes-2007) - 1,311 plays
- Free flow (now is the time) (performed by NBE, Denise Jannah, Resurrection Singers conducted by Thierry Fisher) - 433 plays
- Free the birds (2) (Matthijs Koene Panflute and Stefan Gerritsen ac.guitar) - 321 plays
- Min(g)us one-Eric van den Westen's quadrant - 175 plays
- Fast d minor - 139 plays
- When the cock crowed his warning (performed by Sparkle) - 132 plays
- Ticker-tape parade - 104 plays
- Ludwig auf Freiersfüßen (3) performed by Daniel Koschitzki (recorder) and his Ad Lib Strings - 77 plays
- Joke - 187 plays
- Primal scream - 99 plays