Chico Science & Nação Zumbi
293 Shouts - 2,255,959 Scrobbles
Chico Science & Nação Zumbi (CSNZ) was the former name of the Brazillian band led by Chico Science prior to his death on February 2, 1997. The remaining musicians continued on under the name Nação Zumbi. CSNZ released two albums by the time of Chico's death, Da Lama ao Caos (From Mud to Chaos) in 1994 and Afrociberdelia in 1996. Both were critically acclaimed. The band was the major name in the fertile musical scene in the Brazillian city of Recife by the 90's. Together with the Mundo Livre S/A band, they were the main voices of the Manguebeat movement.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Maracatu Atômico - (4:44) - 6,753 plays
- Da Lama Ao Caos - (4:31) - 6,288 plays
- A Praieira - (3:36) - 6,603 plays
- Samba Makossa - (3:03) - 4,644 plays
- Manguetown - (3:14) - 4,055 plays
- A Cidade - (4:46) - 3,318 plays
- Risoflora - (4:08) - 3,554 plays
- Maracatu De Tiro Certeiro - (4:11) - 3,486 plays
- Computadores Fazem Arte - (3:13) - 3,047 plays
- O Cidadão Do Mundo - (3:20) - 3,259 plays