Chico Science & Nação Zumbi
285 Shouts - 2,065,760 Scrobbles
Chico Science & Nação Zumbi (CSNZ) was the former name of the Brazillian band led by Chico Science prior to his death on February 2, 1997. The remaining musicians continued on under the name Nação Zumbi. CSNZ released two albums by the time of Chico's death, Da Lama ao Caos (From Mud to Chaos) in 1994 and Afrociberdelia in 1996. Both were critically acclaimed. The band was the major name in the fertile musical scene in the Brazillian city of Recife by the 90's. Together with the Mundo Livre S/A band, they were the main voices of the Manguebeat movement.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Maracatu Atômico - (4:44) - 5,948 plays
- Da Lama Ao Caos - (4:31) - 5,975 plays
- A Praieira - (3:36) - 6,623 plays
- Samba Makossa - (3:03) - 4,616 plays
- Manguetown - (3:14) - 4,215 plays
- Rios, Pontes & Overdrives - (4:01) - 4,877 plays
- Risoflora - (4:08) - 3,865 plays
- Maracatu De Tiro Certeiro - (4:11) - 4,239 plays
- Banditismo por Uma Questão de Classe - (3:35) - 4,087 plays
- Computadores Fazem Arte - (3:13) - 3,612 plays