Chico Science & Nação Zumbi
292 Shouts - 2,200,708 Scrobbles
Chico Science & Nação Zumbi (CSNZ) was the former name of the Brazillian band led by Chico Science prior to his death on February 2, 1997. The remaining musicians continued on under the name Nação Zumbi. CSNZ released two albums by the time of Chico's death, Da Lama ao Caos (From Mud to Chaos) in 1994 and Afrociberdelia in 1996. Both were critically acclaimed. The band was the major name in the fertile musical scene in the Brazillian city of Recife by the 90's. Together with the Mundo Livre S/A band, they were the main voices of the Manguebeat movement.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Maracatu Atômico - (4:44) - 7,239 plays
- Da Lama Ao Caos - (4:31) - 6,452 plays
- A Praieira - (3:36) - 6,574 plays
- Samba Makossa - (3:03) - 4,716 plays
- Manguetown - (3:14) - 4,005 plays
- A Cidade - (4:46) - 3,534 plays
- Risoflora - (4:08) - 3,971 plays
- Maracatu De Tiro Certeiro - (4:11) - 3,802 plays
- Computadores Fazem Arte - (3:13) - 3,293 plays
- O Cidadão Do Mundo - (3:20) - 3,071 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online