Chico Science & Nação Zumbi
278 Shouts - 1,956,995 Scrobbles
Chico Science & Nação Zumbi (CSNZ) was the former name of the Brazillian band led by Chico Science prior to his death on February 2, 1997. The remaining musicians continued on under the name Nação Zumbi. CSNZ released two albums by the time of Chico's death, Da Lama ao Caos (From Mud to Chaos) in 1994 and Afrociberdelia in 1996. Both were critically acclaimed. The band was the major name in the fertile musical scene in the Brazillian city of Recife by the 90's. Together with the Mundo Livre S/A band, they were the main voices of the Manguebeat movement.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Da Lama Ao Caos - (4:31) - 5,767 plays
- A Praieira - (3:36) - 5,656 plays
- Samba Makossa - (3:03) - 4,467 plays
- Manguetown - (3:14) - 3,941 plays
- Maracatu Atômico - (4:43) - 4,074 plays
- Rios, Pontes & Overdrives - (4:01) - 4,425 plays
- Risoflora - (4:08) - 3,697 plays
- Maracatu De Tiro Certeiro - (4:11) - 3,687 plays
- Banditismo por Uma Questão de Classe - (3:35) - 4,180 plays
- Computadores Fazem Arte - (3:13) - 3,173 plays