0 Shouts - 422,142 Scrobbles
Chicken Shack are a British blues band, founded in the 1965 by Stan Webb (guitar and vocals), Andy Silvester (bass guitar), and Alan Morley (drums), who were later joined by Christine Perfect (vocals and keyboards) in 1968.Read More...
Front man and guitarist Stan Webb was born in London in 1946. The group began their blues playing on the Blue Horizon label in a similar style to the early Fleetwood Mac.
Singer Christine Perfect left after marrying John McVie (bassist) with Fleetwood Mac. Christine later joined Fleetwood Mac in their second reincarnation. he was replaced by Paul Raymond from Plastic Penny.
After being dropped by Blue Horizon, pianist Paul Raymond, bassist Andy Silvester, and drummer Dave Bidwell all left in 1971 to join Savoy Brown. At this point Webb reformed the band as a trio with John Glascock on bass and Paul Hancox on drums, and they recorded Imagination Lady. The line-up didn't last beyond 1973; Glascock left to join Jethro Tull, while Webb himself was recruited for Savoy Brown in 1974 and recorded the album Boogie Brothers with them.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I'd Rather Go Blind - 100,187 plays
- The Way It Is - 12,728 plays
- When The Train Comes Back - 12,385 plays
- The Letter - 11,866 plays
- Lonesome Whistle Blues - 10,717 plays
- You Ain't No Good - 10,518 plays
- Webbed Feet - 8,768 plays
- King Of The World - 8,160 plays
- Telling Your Fortune - 8,485 plays
- Poor Boy - 9,462 plays