Chicago Public Media
7 Shouts - 364,684 Scrobbles
Chicago Public Media is a non-profit media agency located in Chicago, Illinois that focuses on public affairs programming. Some of its best known shows include 'This American Life', 'Sound Opinions', and 'Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me!' These are often available as free podcasts through services such as iTunes. The Chicago Board of Education originally started it as extension service as 'WBEZ' in 1943. It initially broadcast educational programs while Chicago Public Schools were in session. The station was one of the first charter member stations of National Public Radio (NPR) in 1970.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- #478: Red State Blue State - (63:29) - 2,753 plays
- #480: Animal Sacrifice - (59:44) - 2,347 plays
- #479: Little War on the Prairie - (64:37) - 2,316 plays
- #481: This Week - (59:06) - 2,241 plays
- #483: Self-Improvement Kick - (59:25) - 2,255 plays
- #304: Heretics - (60:08) - 1,920 plays
- #110: Mapping - (59:04) - 1,903 plays
- #487: Harper High School, Part One - (59:18) - 2,036 plays
- #489: No Coincidence, No Story! - (59:57) - 1,735 plays
- #488: Harper High School, Part Two - (64:03) - 1,736 plays