425 Shouts - 12,058,833 Scrobbles
Chesney Henry "Chet" Baker Jr. (December 23, 1929 - May 13, 1988) was born in Yale, Oklahoma. A trumpet player, Baker was an important part of the West coast "cool jazz" school of the 1950s. He first came to prominence in the jazz world as part of the pianoless Gerry Mulligan Quartet -- Mulligan had played with Miles Davis, whose Birth of the Cool is recognized as ushering in the movement. Baker's trumpet playing is characterized by incredibly sweet tones, clear and almost vibrato-less.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- My Funny Valentine - (2:20) - 58,087 plays
- That Old Feeling - (3:02) - 26,648 plays
- Let's Get Lost - (2:57) - 20,023 plays
- Look for the Silver Lining - (3:54) - 20,163 plays
- I Fall in Love Too Easily - (3:19) - 20,998 plays
- But Not for Me - (3:06) - 19,896 plays
- Time After Time - (2:46) - 19,266 plays
- The Thrill Is Gone - (2:41) - 16,489 plays
- I Get Along Without You Very Well - (2:56) - 16,080 plays
- My Ideal - (4:26) - 14,689 plays