432 Shouts - 12,662,177 Scrobbles
Chesney Henry "Chet" Baker Jr. (December 23, 1929 - May 13, 1988) was born in Yale, Oklahoma. A trumpet player, Baker was an important part of the West coast "cool jazz" school of the 1950s. He first came to prominence in the jazz world as part of the pianoless Gerry Mulligan Quartet -- Mulligan had played with Miles Davis, whose Birth of the Cool is recognized as ushering in the movement. Baker's trumpet playing is characterized by incredibly sweet tones, clear and almost vibrato-less.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- My Funny Valentine - (2:20) - 52,556 plays
- That Old Feeling - (3:03) - 22,885 plays
- I Fall In Love To Easily - (3:21) - 14,120 plays
Im Lost Little Girl
I'm Lost, Little Girl
- Look for the Silver Lining - (2:41) - 15,416 plays
- I Fall in Love Too Easily - (3:19) - 15,645 plays
- But Not for Me - (3:06) - 15,363 plays
- Time After Time - (2:46) - 14,222 plays
- The Thrill Is Gone - (2:41) - 11,970 plays
- My Ideal - (4:26) - 11,417 plays