52 Shouts - 984,855 Scrobbles
Chester Burton "Chet" Atkins (20 June 1924 – 30 June 2001) was an American guitarist and record producer. Together with Owen Bradley, Atkins created the smoother country music style known as the Nashville sound, which expanded country music's appeal to include adult pop music fans as well. His virtuoso picking style - inspired by Merle Travis, Django Reinhardt, George Barnes and Les Paul - brought him admirers both within and outside the country scene. Atkins produced records for Eddy Arnold, Don Gibson, Jim Reeves, Jerry Reed, Connie Smith, and Waylon Jennings.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mister Sandman - (2:17) - 3,762 plays
- Jingle Bell Rock - (1:53) - 1,610 plays
- I'll See You In My Dreams - (2:57) - 1,177 plays
- Jolly Old St. Nicholas - (2:13) - 1,328 plays
- Black Mountain Rag - (2:16) - 1,096 plays
- Jam Man - (3:18) - 1,348 plays
- Mr. Sandman - (2:17) - 1,655 plays
- Yakety Axe - (2:02) - 1,181 plays
- Yesterday - (3:09) - 1,009 plays
- Boo Boo Stick Beat - (2:07) - 790 plays