138 Shouts - 1,166,375 Scrobbles
Cherry Ghost is a British alt. country band. They formed in Manchester, UK in 2005 and enjoy considerable airplay on BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music. Their debut album, Thirst For Romance, entered the UK album charts at #7. Their new album, 3 years in the making entitled "Beneath This Burning Shoreline" was released in mid 2010. Lyrically the new album weaves narratives of revenge and loss, the spectre of hope and the triumph of spirit. In 2008 the band won a prestigious Ivor Novello award for ‘People Help The People’, a recognition of Simon Aldred’s evocative songwriting.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsGod knows what is hiding
In that weak and drunken heart
i guess you kissed the girls and made them cry
those hard-faced dreams of misadventure
God knows what is hiding
- Clear Skies Ever Closer - (3:56) - 4,712 plays
- Don't Leave Me Here Alone - (4:17) - 3,505 plays
- Fragile Reign - (5:08) - 2,588 plays
- LyricsSacramento's half the city since you took that job two states away
I count the days as I wait these tables trying to save the fund to come and stay
And the smiles on the outside, couldn't be further from the truth if I tried
It's a fight just to survive, working two jobs to keep the meter alive.
Old Mr Linden passed on his warmest regards from the window seat
- The World Could Turn - (4:53) - 2,580 plays
- Drinking For Two - (5:03) - 2,359 plays
- Herd Runners - (5:44) - 2,261 plays
- Love Will Follow You - (3:56) - 2,255 plays
- My Lover Lies Under - (3:39) - 2,198 plays