0 Shouts - 5,120,495 Scrobbles
There are at least four artists with this name:Read More...
1) A Finnish Gothic Metal band.
2) 4 piece hardcore band from Brighton, England
3) Ambient artist Lukas Medlen from Slovakia.
4) An '80s metal band from Germany.
5) A German black/thrash metal band
1) Charon was founded in 1992 by Mario Tepšić, Antti Karihtala, Teemu Hautamäki, Pasi Sipilä, and Jasse Hast and was originally a brutal death metal act. After releasing three promo albums and two demos, the band signed a record deal with Emanzipation Productions. Through Emanzipation, Charon released their first two full-length albums Sorrowburn and Tearstained in 1998 and 2000 respectively. After touring with fellow Finlanders Sentenced, the band parted ways with Emanzipation and signed to Spinefarm Records.
During the summer of 2001 Charon recorded their third studio album Downhearted. Prior to the release of the full album, a single Little Angel was released, which rose to #5 on the Finnish single charts. In early 2002, Downhearted was released, and it proved to be just as popular as the single. The album rose to the number 3 slot on the Finnish album charts.
In April 2003, the band released another single, In Trust of No One, which made its debut at #1 on the Finnish singles charts. Five months later the Religious/Delicious single was released, followed quickly by the band's fourth studio album The Dying Daylights.
In November 2003, guitarist Jasse von Hast left the band, citing a lack of interest in playing for the group and boredom with band-related activities as reason for doing so. Lauri Tuohimaa stepped in and officially became the band's new guitarist in January 2004.
After several tours and the release of the single Colder, the band released its fifth album Songs for the Sinners on August 31, 2005. Since then the band has toured extensively in Europe and Russia. Concerning further releases, the band stated, during the summer, that they had six new tracks ready to record. Then, that autumn, another update was posted on the bands site stating that they have spent the last few weeks recording five new tracks for a demo and that they are currently negotiating a new record deal.
Charon has disbanded in June 2011.
2) Currently signed to Monarch Records, Charon are building up quite a fanbase in their hometown and the UK. Originally named Among Wolves, the 4 piece from Brighton, England released their Debut EP "Migrating North" in October 2011 through Monarch Records and have already played with the likes of The Eyes of a Traitor, Heart in Hand, AYS and Pay No Respect.
3) Have a track on compilation CD: Out of place artifacts Vol1. He released his debut "SHCH" at Slnko Records Slovakia in 2002.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsCome along with the whispering cold and fall
They left you nothing more to seek from here
So roll the feast in flames unforgettable
Take a bow to end, reload your remorse
Every line is thorn bite through your eyes
- LyricsI can be the one who will lead you through the godless run
I give you all I am, take the sinner down to feed desire
Forever and forever I shall crawl
So it's insecure that light will shine on you
At least I'll give you dark delight
- Lyrics[music: Hast & CHARON, lyrics: Leppluoto]
LITTLE ANGEL YOUR WORLD CAN BE SO CRUEL
I SET YOUR WINGS ON FIRE EVERY NIGHT
I SEE YOU CRY
PAIN, I TAKE IT ALL AND HAVE SOME MORE (TONIGHT)
- Lyrics[music: Sipil & CHARON, lyrics: Leppluoto]
Place and time have changed,
Crawled in the room of hate,
Tied in your secret fame.
- LyricsBloodshot eyes nearly open I reach the skies,
You dance like a feather (you're in my dream).
Gravity can kill but falling is cure,
Feels like heaven has turned to hell.
No bless for thousand miles,
- Deep Water - 153,498 plays
- In Trust Of No One - 120,640 plays
- Bullet - 143,131 plays
- Rain - 134,035 plays
- Guilt on Skin - 104,052 plays