0 Shouts - 12,739 Scrobbles
Charnett Moffett (born 10 June 1967) is an American jazz musician who plays piccolo bass, double bass and bass guitar.
Moffett's given name was created as a combination of that of his father (Charles Moffett, the jazz drummer) and that of Ornette Coleman (the jazz saxophonist). As a teenager Moffett played in his father's band, but by the mid-1980s he had begun to create a reputation playing with Wynton Marsalis and Branford Marsalis. This led to a career as a freelance bassist, and he has performed and recorded with a long string of musicians, including Stanley Jordan, Harry Connick, Jr.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Caravan - (2:02) - 63 plays
- Eleanor Rigby - (3:26) - 50 plays
- Fragile - (3:01) - 38 plays
- Kings And Queens - (4:25) - 52 plays
- Bassland - (3:09) - 33 plays
- Haitian Fight Song - (1:20) - 31 plays
- We pray - (3:24) - 28 plays
- Kalengo - (4:25) - 27 plays
- Bow Song - (1:09) - 26 plays
- Free Your Mind - (4:27) - 23 plays