1 Shouts - 11,099 Scrobbles
Charlie James Shavers (August 3, 1920 – July 8, 1971) was an American swing era jazz trumpet player who played at one time or another with Dizzy Gillespie, Roy Eldridge, Johnny Dodds, Jimmy Noone, Sidney Bechet, Midge Williams and Billie Holiday. He was also an arranger and composer, and one of his compositions, "Undecided", is a jazz standard. Charlie Shavers' father was from the prominent Shavers family of Key West, Florida, and Charlie was a cousin of heavyweight boxer Earnie Shavers. Born in New York he originally took up the piano and banjo before switching to trumpet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Undecided - (3:14) - 83 plays
- You've Changed - (4:07) - 60 plays
- Begin the Beguine - (3:11) - 27 plays
- Sweet Georgia Brown - (2:45) - 30 plays
- Royal Garden Blues - (2:29) - 23 plays
- If I Had a Ribbon Bow - (2:46) - 31 plays
- I Love Paris - (3:18) - 20 plays
- It Feels Good - (2:43) - 35 plays
- Prelude for Trumpet - (2:27) - 23 plays
- Blues Petite - (3:06) - 13 plays