Charlie Parr and the Black Twig Pickers
0 Shouts - 16,401 Scrobbles
At the end of May in 2010, Charlie Parr and the Black Twig Pickers holed themselves up in a shed in rural Ironto, Virginia and recorded the album that would become “Glory in the Meeting House.” Part country, part gospel and completely old-time, this session sounds ancient and new simultaneously. Parr’s haunting and gritty vocals combines with the fiddling, strumming and plucking of the Black Twig Pickers to bring the listener right into the shed with them.Read More...
“Glory in the Meeting House” pulls together popular country gospel numbers like “Jesus on the Mainline” and “What a Friend We Have” to rarer numbers like “They Whupped Him Up the Hill” and Parr’s new composition “Where You Gonna Be (When the Good Lord Calls You Home)?”
Charlie Parr plays original and traditional folk and Piedmont-style blues, accompanying himself on National resonator guitars, 12-string guitar and sometimes a banjo. Based in Duluth, Minnesota, Charlie has played all over the USA and Europe and Australia and released six acclaimed albums.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Death's Black Train - 1,554 plays
- Glory in the Meeting House - 1,455 plays
- There Ain't No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down - 1,673 plays
- They Whupped Him Up the Hill - 1,369 plays
- Jesus on the Mainline - 1,386 plays
- Old Ark's A-Movin' - 1,128 plays
- I Wish I Was in Heaven Sitting Down - 1,264 plays
- This World Is Not My Home - 1,281 plays
- What a Friend We Have - 1,092 plays
- Where You Gonna Be (When the Good Lord Calls You Home)? - 1,011 plays