Charlie Parr and the Black Twig Pickers
2 Shouts - 12,517 Scrobbles
At the end of May in 2010, Charlie Parr and the Black Twig Pickers holed themselves up in a shed in rural Ironto, Virginia and recorded the album that would become “Glory in the Meeting House.” Part country, part gospel and completely old-time, this session sounds ancient and new simultaneously. Parr’s haunting and gritty vocals combines with the fiddling, strumming and plucking of the Black Twig Pickers to bring the listener right into the shed with them.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Death's Black Train - (3:25) - 166 plays
- There Ain't No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down - (3:10) - 221 plays
- Glory in the Meeting House - (3:12) - 150 plays
- Jesus on the Mainline - (3:25) - 181 plays
- They Whupped Him Up the Hill - (3:00) - 139 plays
- I Wish I Was in Heaven Sitting Down - (4:08) - 204 plays
- Old Ark's A-Movin' - (2:41) - 114 plays
- This World Is Not My Home - (4:49) - 154 plays
- What a Friend We Have - (3:13) - 149 plays
- Pure Religion - (5:42) - 78 plays