Charlie Parr and the Black Twig Pickers
2 Shouts - 14,146 Scrobbles
At the end of May in 2010, Charlie Parr and the Black Twig Pickers holed themselves up in a shed in rural Ironto, Virginia and recorded the album that would become “Glory in the Meeting House.” Part country, part gospel and completely old-time, this session sounds ancient and new simultaneously. Parr’s haunting and gritty vocals combines with the fiddling, strumming and plucking of the Black Twig Pickers to bring the listener right into the shed with them.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- There Ain't No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down - (3:10) - 61 plays
- Death's Black Train - (3:25) - 49 plays
- I Wish I Was in Heaven Sitting Down - (4:08) - 50 plays
- Glory in the Meeting House - (3:12) - 41 plays
- Jesus on the Mainline - (3:25) - 50 plays
- Old Ark's A-Movin' - (2:41) - 38 plays
- This World Is Not My Home - (4:49) - 32 plays
- They Whupped Him Up the Hill - (3:00) - 32 plays
- Pure Religion - (5:42) - 35 plays
- Light From the Lighthouse - (4:44) - 31 plays