Charlie Parr and the Black Twig Pickers
2 Shouts - 13,855 Scrobbles
At the end of May in 2010, Charlie Parr and the Black Twig Pickers holed themselves up in a shed in rural Ironto, Virginia and recorded the album that would become “Glory in the Meeting House.” Part country, part gospel and completely old-time, this session sounds ancient and new simultaneously. Parr’s haunting and gritty vocals combines with the fiddling, strumming and plucking of the Black Twig Pickers to bring the listener right into the shed with them.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Death's Black Train - (3:25) - 86 plays
- There Ain't No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down - (3:10) - 84 plays
- They Whupped Him Up the Hill - (3:00) - 73 plays
- Jesus on the Mainline - (3:25) - 108 plays
- Glory in the Meeting House - (3:12) - 75 plays
- Old Ark's A-Movin' - (2:41) - 67 plays
- This World Is Not My Home - (4:49) - 76 plays
- I Wish I Was in Heaven Sitting Down - (4:08) - 84 plays
- What a Friend We Have - (3:13) - 54 plays
- Where You Gonna Be (When the Good Lord Calls You Home)? - (3:02) - 52 plays