7 Shouts - 537,083 Scrobbles
Charles L. Byrd (September 16, 1925 - November 30, 1999), better known as Charlie Byrd, was a famous jazz guitarist, born in Suffolk, Virginia. He was the only jazz guitarist of that era whose primary instrument was the classical guitar which gave him his uniquely identifiable sound. Byrd primarily looked up to Django Reinhardt. He moved to Washington, D.C., to study classical guitar with the renowned Sophocles Papas. He later moved to Italy where he studied with Andrés Segovia.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Girl from Ipanema - (2:45) - 1,308 plays
- Dindi - (3:54) - 710 plays
- Nuages - (3:09) - 553 plays
- Silent Night / Carol Of The Bells - (2:33) - 686 plays
- Desafinado - (2:29) - 309 plays
- Meditation - (5:04) - 528 plays
- One Note Samba - (4:46) - 374 plays
- Corcovado - (2:53) - 281 plays
- Taking a Chance On Love - (1:55) - 268 plays
- Moonlight In Vermont - (2:51) - 245 plays