7 Shouts - 512,210 Scrobbles
Charles L. Byrd (September 16, 1925 - November 30, 1999), better known as Charlie Byrd, was a famous jazz guitarist, born in Suffolk, Virginia. He was the only jazz guitarist of that era whose primary instrument was the classical guitar which gave him his uniquely identifiable sound. Byrd primarily looked up to Django Reinhardt. He moved to Washington, D.C., to study classical guitar with the renowned Sophocles Papas. He later moved to Italy where he studied with Andrés Segovia.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Girl from Ipanema - (2:45) - 878 plays
- Meditation - (5:04) - 695 plays
- Nuages - (3:09) - 470 plays
- Dindi - (3:54) - 398 plays
- One Note Samba - (4:46) - 490 plays
- Desafinado - (2:29) - 338 plays
- Corcovado - (7:14) - 224 plays
- Jordu - (4:36) - 245 plays
- Bamba Samba Bossa Nova - (3:08) - 270 plays
- Moonlight In Vermont - (2:51) - 204 plays