3 Shouts - 285,746 Scrobbles
Charlie Barnet (October 26, 1913 - September 4, 1991) was unusual in several ways. One of the few jazzmen to be born a millionaire, Barnet was a bit of a playboy throughout his life, ending up with a countless number of ex-wives and anecdotes. He was one of the few white big band leaders of the swing era to openly embrace the music of Duke Ellington (he also greatly admired Count Basie). Barnet was a pioneer in leading integrated bands (as early as 1935).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Skyliner - (3:05) - 2,296 plays
- Cherokee - (3:20) - 2,055 plays
- Pompton Turnpike - (2:59) - 690 plays
- Flying Home - (2:55) - 633 plays
- The Gal From Joe's - (3:22) - 575 plays
- Harlem Nocturne - (3:02) - 454 plays
- East Side, West Side - (2:43) - 349 plays
- Blue Juice - (3:18) - 369 plays
- The moose - (2:46) - 340 plays
- Drop me off in harlem - (2:25) - 313 plays