36 Shouts - 650,483 Scrobbles
Becoming a trailblazing Country Music superstar was an improbable destiny for Charley Pride (born March 18, 1938), especially considering his humble beginnings as a sharecropper’s son on a cotton farm in Sledge, Mississippi. His unique journey to the top of the music charts includes a tumultuous detour through the world of Negro league, minor league and semi-pro baseball as well as many long years of labor alongside the vulcanic fires of a smelter.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Kiss An Angel Good Morning - (2:43) - 4,566 plays
- LyricsWhenever I chance to meet some old friends on the street
They wonder how does a man get to be this way
I've always got a smilin' face any time and any place
And everytime they ask me why I just smile and say
You've got to kiss an angel good mornin'
- Is Anybody Goin' To San Antone - (2:14) - 3,459 plays
- LyricsThere's a white Christmas in my hometown
Where the streets are snowy, shinin' bright
And the lights on all the Christmas trees are burning
For old Santa's sure to come this very night
There are jingle bells and Christmas carols singin'
- LyricsOh, the crystal chandeliers light up the paintings on your walls
The marble statuettes are standing stately in the hall
But will the timely crowd that has you laughing loud
Help you dry your tears
When the new wears off of your crystal chandeliers?
- All I Have To Offer You (Is Me) - (3:01) - 1,799 plays
- Just Between You And Me - (2:14) - 1,582 plays
- Kaw-Liga - (3:11) - 1,629 plays
- Santa And The Kids - (1:52) - 1,230 plays
- I'm Just Me - (2:21) - 1,386 plays