97 Shouts - 875,013 Scrobbles
Charley Patton (between April 1887 and 1891 – April 28, 1934), also known as Charlie Patton, was an American Delta blues musician. He is considered by many to be the "Father of the Delta Blues", and is credited with creating an enduring body of American music and personally inspiring just about every Delta blues man (Palmer, 1995). Musicologist Robert Palmer considers him among the most important musicians that America produced in the twentieth century.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Down the Dirt Road Blues - (2:56) - 2,080 plays
- Lyrics(spoken: I'm about to go to jail about this spoonful)
In all a spoon', 'bout that spoon'
The women goin' crazy, every day in their life 'bout
It's all I want, in this creation is a...
- Pony Blues - (2:59) - 1,534 plays
- Mississippi Boweavil Blues - (3:09) - 1,200 plays
- Screamin' and Hollerin' the Blues - (3:07) - 828 plays
- Tom Rushen Blues - (3:06) - 912 plays
- Moon Going Down - (3:10) - 772 plays
- Banty Rooster Blues - (3:01) - 743 plays
- Going to Move to Alabama - (3:02) - 730 plays
- Devil Sent the Rain Blues - (3:07) - 629 plays