95 Shouts - 830,102 Scrobbles
Charley Patton (born Charlie Patton in Edwards, Mississippi, May 1, 1891, died in Indianola, Mississippi, April 28, 1934) was a Blues musician, singer and guitarist. He was known as the "Father Of The Delta Blues" and therefore one of the most significant figures of American popular music. Charley Patton was one of the first mainstream stars of the Delta blues genre. Patton, who was born in Hinds County, Mississippi near Edwards or Bolton, lived most of his life in Sunflower County, in the Mississippi Delta.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Spoonful Blues - (3:13) - 2,367 plays
- Pony Blues - (2:58) - 1,956 plays
- Down the Dirt Road Blues - (2:53) - 1,879 plays
- Mississippi Boweavil Blues - (3:09) - 1,412 plays
- Screamin' and Hollerin' the Blues - (3:03) - 1,169 plays
- Tom Rushen Blues - (3:13) - 1,096 plays
- Banty Rooster Blues - (3:01) - 936 plays
- Going to Move to Alabama - (3:02) - 959 plays
- Moon Going Down - (3:12) - 936 plays
- High Sheriff Blues - (3:12) - 851 plays