93 Shouts - 784,272 Scrobbles
Charley Patton (born Charlie Patton in Edwards, Mississippi, May 1, 1891, died in Indianola, Mississippi, April 28, 1934) was a Blues musician, singer and guitarist. He was known as the "Father Of The Delta Blues" and therefore one of the most significant figures of American popular music. Charley Patton was one of the first mainstream stars of the Delta blues genre. Patton, who was born in Hinds County, Mississippi near Edwards or Bolton, lived most of his life in Sunflower County, in the Mississippi Delta.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Spoonful Blues - (3:13) - 2,877 plays
- Pony Blues - (2:58) - 2,766 plays
- Down The Dirt Road Blues - (2:53) - 2,551 plays
- Screamin' and Hollerin' the Blues - (3:03) - 1,760 plays
- Mississippi Boweavil Blues - (3:09) - 1,613 plays
- Tom Rushen Blues - (3:05) - 1,473 plays
- Banty Rooster Blues - (3:01) - 1,364 plays
- High sheriff blues - (3:12) - 1,354 plays
- Going To Move To Alabama - (3:02) - 1,346 plays
- Moon Going Down - (3:12) - 1,099 plays