95 Shouts - 855,116 Scrobbles
Charley Patton (between April 1887 and 1891 – April 28, 1934), also known as Charlie Patton, was an American Delta blues musician. He is considered by many to be the "Father of the Delta Blues", and is credited with creating an enduring body of American music and personally inspiring just about every Delta blues man (Palmer, 1995). Musicologist Robert Palmer considers him among the most important musicians that America produced in the twentieth century.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Spoonful Blues - (3:11) - 2,372 plays
- Pony Blues - (2:59) - 1,875 plays
- Down the Dirt Road Blues - (2:54) - 1,840 plays
- Mississippi Boweavil Blues - (3:09) - 1,367 plays
- Tom Rushen Blues - (3:06) - 1,105 plays
- Screamin' and Hollerin' the Blues - (3:02) - 984 plays
- Moon Going Down - (3:16) - 941 plays
- Banty Rooster Blues - (3:01) - 904 plays
- Going To Move To Alabama - (3:02) - 836 plays
- High sheriff blues - (3:12) - 760 plays