Charles Lloyd Quartet
4 Shouts - 61,496 Scrobbles
Charles Lloyd (born March 15, 1938) is an American jazz musician. Though he primarily plays tenor saxophone and flute, he has also occasionally recorded on alto saxophone and more exotic reed instruments. Lloyd's saxophone playing is often characterized as an individualized, lighter-toned variant of John Coltrane's style. His best known composition is "Forest Flower". Lloyd was born in Memphis, Tennessee.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sombrero Sam - (2:30) - 195 plays
- Autumn Sequence - (12:00) - 157 plays
- Dream Weaver: Meditation, Dervish Dance - (11:35) - 176 plays
- Love Ship - (5:58) - 149 plays
- The Water Is Wide - (7:20) - 134 plays
- Go Down Moses - (6:00) - 148 plays
- Monk's Mood - (5:01) - 120 plays
- Bird Flight - (9:11) - 125 plays
- Desolation Sound - (6:02) - 121 plays
- Caroline, No - (4:03) - 114 plays