Charles Lloyd Quartet
4 Shouts - 61,290 Scrobbles
Charles Lloyd (born March 15, 1938) is an American jazz musician. Though he primarily plays tenor saxophone and flute, he has also occasionally recorded on alto saxophone and more exotic reed instruments. Lloyd's saxophone playing is often characterized as an individualized, lighter-toned variant of John Coltrane's style. His best known composition is "Forest Flower". Lloyd was born in Memphis, Tennessee.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sombrero Sam - (2:30) - 202 plays
- Autumn Sequence - (12:00) - 145 plays
- Dream Weaver: Meditation, Dervish Dance - (11:35) - 167 plays
- Love Ship - (5:58) - 145 plays
- The Water Is Wide - (7:20) - 150 plays
- Go Down Moses - (6:00) - 159 plays
- Caroline, No - (4:03) - 116 plays
- Monk's Mood - (5:01) - 116 plays
- Desolation Sound - (6:02) - 128 plays
- Bird Flight - (9:11) - 125 plays