70 Shouts - 306,126 Scrobbles
Charles Edward Ives (October 20, 1874 – May 19, 1954) was an American composer of classical music. He is widely regarded as one of the first American classical composers of international significance. Ives's music was largely ignored during his life, and many of his works went unperformed for many years. Over time, Ives would come to be regarded as one of the "American Originals", a composer working in a uniquely American style, with American tunes woven through his music, and a reaching sense of the possibilities in music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Unanswered Question - (5:30) - 1,767 plays
- Central Park in the Dark - (6:18) - 710 plays
- Symphony No. 1 - I. Allegro - (11:45) - 612 plays
- Ii. Children's Day. Allegro - (6:46) - 454 plays
- Symphony No 3 'the Camp Meeting' - I. Old Folks Gatherin'. Andante Maestoso - (8:00) - 414 plays
- Symphony No. 4 - I. Prelude. Maestoso - (3:50) - 431 plays
- The Housatonic at Stockbridge - (3:24) - 351 plays
- Thoreau - (13:20) - 257 plays
- The Unanswered Question (Original Version) - (7:01) - 165 plays
- The Unanswered Question (Revised Version) - (7:14) - 100 plays