14 Shouts - 108,490 Scrobbles
María Isabel Granda Larco (Cotabamba, Apurímac, Perú, 3 September 1920 – Miami, USA, 1983), better known as Chabuca Granda, was a beloved Peruvian singer and composer. She created and interpreted a vast number of Criollo waltzes with Afro-Peruvian rhythms. Her best known song is "La flor de la canela" (The Best of the Bunch" or "Cinnamon Flower)". Biography María Isabel Granda Larco was born on 3 September 1920, in a copper mining area in the region of Apurímac. She began singing at 12 years old, in the school choir at the exclusive girl's school Colegio Sophianum, in San Isidro.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- La flor de la canela - (3:02) - 386 plays
- Una Larga Noche - (3:36) - 337 plays
- Fina estampa - (2:12) - 253 plays
- Cardo O Ceniza - (2:56) - 297 plays
- El Surco - (3:13) - 245 plays
- Lando - (3:30) - 166 plays
- El Puente de los Suspiros - (3:13) - 130 plays
- José Antonio - (2:57) - 118 plays
- Jose Antonio - (3:01) - 92 plays
- Cardo O Cenzia - (2:35) - 158 plays