41 Shouts - 1,056,691 Scrobbles
Centro-matic falls within the vanguard of alt-country indie rock that Uncle Tupelo began to define and Wilco did with A.M. and Being There. Centro-matic's music, though reliant on poppy hooks, also contains a fair amount of experimentation. Not quite as alt-country-ish as Ryan Adams or Okkervil River, Centro-matic blends warm, often plucked, acoustic guitars and the occasional kicked-in distortion pedal with the multi-layered falsetto of former Funland drummer, Will Johnson. Some of Centro-matic's members cross over into the side project: South San Gabriel.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Salty Disciple - (4:42) - 1,398 plays
- Every Mission - (3:31) - 1,089 plays
- Cross Path - (3:00) - 974 plays
- Take Pride In Your Long Odds - (4:50) - 799 plays
- Academy Of Lunkers - (0:30) - 916 plays
- Anything Torn Out - (2:17) - 876 plays
- Hey There, Straps - (2:31) - 784 plays
- Through The Fog, Then Down - (4:30) - 730 plays
- Calling You Glad - (1:54) - 776 plays
- Cynthia Glass - (2:42) - 822 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online