75 Shouts - 353,164 Scrobbles
Cecil Percival Taylor (born in New York City March 15 or 25, each date often cited, 1929) is an American pianist and poet now generally acknowledged to be one of the great innovative sources of free jazz (along with the better known Ornette Coleman). His first recording Jazz Advance was released in 1956, and is described by Cook & Morton in the Penguin Guide to Jazz: "While there are still many nods to conventional post-bop form in this set, it already points to the freedoms which the pianist would later immerse himself in".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bemsha Swing - (7:28) - 1,200 plays
- Rick Kick Shaw - (6:06) - 947 plays
- Steps - (10:21) - 984 plays
- Song - (5:20) - 929 plays
- Azure - (7:30) - 832 plays
- Charge 'em Blues - (11:03) - 740 plays
- Tales (8 Whisps) - (7:14) - 714 plays
- You'd Be So Nice to Come Home to - (9:18) - 679 plays
- Sweet and Lovely - (6:37) - 646 plays
- Air - (8:45) - 479 plays