Casa Loma Orchestra
4 Shouts - 49,459 Scrobbles
The Casa Loma Orchestra was an American swing band active from 1927 to 1963. It did not tour after 1950 but continued to record as a studio group. It began its existence in 1927 as the Orange Blossoms, one of several Detroit-area groups that came out of the Jean Goldkette office. It was a co-operative organization, fronted for the first few years by violinist Hank Biagini, although the eventual leader, saxophonist Glen Gray (1900-1963) was from the very beginning "first among equals.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Smoke Rings - (3:08) - 605 plays
- Casa Loma Stomp - (2:35) - 237 plays
- Blue Prelude - (3:15) - 95 plays
- Stardust - (3:05) - 92 plays
- Royal Garden Blues - (3:13) - 74 plays
- Indiana - (3:00) - 66 plays
- That's How Rhythm Was Born - (3:02) - 87 plays
- Whoa Babe - (2:59) - 167 plays
- Happy Days Are Here Again - (3:17) - 37 plays
- San Sue Strut - (3:33) - 44 plays