609 Shouts - 7,697,791 Scrobbles
With their light, airy melodies and meticulously crafted, clean arrangements, the Carpenters stood in direct contrast with the excessive, gaudy pop/rock of the '70s; yet they became one of the most popular artists of the decade, scoring 12 Top Ten hits, including three number one singles. Karen Carpenter's calm, often somber voice was the most distinctive element of their music, settling in perfectly amidst the precise, lush arrangements provided by her brother Richard.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWhy do birds, suddenly appear?
Every time you are near
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you
Why do stars, fall down from the sky?
- LyricsWe've only just begun to live
White lace and promises
A kiss for luck and we're on our way
We've only begun
Before the risin' sun, we fly
- LyricsLong ago, and, oh, so far away
I fell in love with you before the second show
Your guitar, it sounds so sweet and clear
But you're not really here, it's just the radio
Don't you remember, you told me you loved me baby?
- LyricsSuch a feelin's comin' over me
There is wonder in most every thing I see
Not a cloud in the sky, got the sun in my eyes
And I won't be surprised if it's a dream
Everything I want the world to be
- (There's No Place Like) Home For The Holidays - (2:35) - 10,669 plays
- Merry Christmas Darling - (3:06) - 10,367 plays
- Rainy Days and Mondays - (3:21) - 15,109 plays
- Yesterday Once More - (1:00) - 15,385 plays
- Sleigh Ride - (2:38) - 9,238 plays
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - (3:54) - 8,614 plays