3 Shouts - 67,379 Scrobbles
Carolyn Crawford is from Detroit, Michigan. In the early sixties, Motown ran a local contest for local artists. The winner got a three single deal with the company. Carolyn Crawford was a winner of that contest in 1963 or 1964 (whoever else won, I'll leave to others). She did "My Smile is Just a Frown", "When Someone's Good to You", and "Forget About Me" as the lead 3 singles. Never receiving the attention or promotion of larger acts, Crawford left Motown in 1965. She briefly returned to music as a background vocalist and occasional producer of minor disco hits in the 1970s.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- My Smile Is Just A Frown (Turned Upside Down) - (3:01) - 659 plays
- Keep Stepping (Never Look Back) - (2:21) - 232 plays
- My Smile Is Just A Frown Turned Upside Down - (4:08) - 199 plays
- Until You Came Along - (2:25) - 117 plays
- Forget About Me - (2:29) - 152 plays
- When Someone's Good To You - (2:27) - 80 plays
- I'll Come Running - (2:37) - 78 plays
- Good And Plenty - (2:46) - 67 plays
- Devil In His Heart - (2:28) - 41 plays
- My Heart - (2:58) - 36 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online