197 Shouts - 4,636,739 Scrobbles
Carole King (born February 9, 1942) is an American singer-songwriter and pianist, regarded as one of the most influential female songwriters of the 20th century. One half of a legendary songwriting partnership together with her one-time husband, Gerry Goffin, she wrote several hit songs in the '60s hits for artists such as The Shirelles ("Will You Love Me Tomorrow"), Aretha Franklin ("(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman"), and The Monkees ("Pleasant Valley Sunday").
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsStayed in bed all mornin' just to pass the time
There's something wrong here there can be no denyin'
One of us is changin'
Or maybe we've just stopped tryin'
And it's too late baby, now it's too late
- LyricsI feel the earth move under my feet
I feel the sky tumblin' down
I feel my heart start to tremblin'
Whenever you're around
Ooh, baby, when I see your face
- LyricsSo far away
Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore?
It would be so fine to see your face at my door
And it doesn't help to know that you're just time away
Long ago, I reached for you and there you stood
- You've Got a Friend - (5:51) - 24,848 plays
- LyricsYou've got to get up every morning
With a smile on your face
And show the world
All the love in your heart
Then people gonna treat you better
- (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - (3:49) - 12,698 plays
- Home Again - (2:28) - 12,045 plays
- Where You Lead - (3:19) - 11,997 plays
- Way Over Yonder - (3:24) - 10,171 plays
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - (4:11) - 10,445 plays