117 Shouts - 324,045 Scrobbles
Carmen Miranda (9 February 1909 – 5 August 1955) was a Portuguese-born Brazilian samba singer, dancer, Broadway actress, and film star who was popular from the 1930s to the 1950s. Miranda began her singing career in Brazil in 1929 where she was a major star before moving to the United States. In 1939, she performed on Broadway on which led to a Hollywood film career in 1940, with her first film Down Argentine Way. Nicknamed "The Brazilian Bombshell", Miranda is noted for her signature fruit hat outfit she wore in her American films, particularly in 1943's The Gang's All Here.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- South American Way - (2:52) - 1,825 plays
- Tico Tico - (2:39) - 687 plays
- Chica Chica Boom Chic - (2:20) - 510 plays
- Tico-tico - (2:35) - 290 plays
- Mama Eu Quero - (2:41) - 266 plays
- I, Yi, Yi, Yi, Yi (I Like You Very Much) - (2:14) - 221 plays
- O Que É Que A Baiana Tem - (3:13) - 301 plays
- Cuanto Le Gusta - (3:05) - 128 plays
- Rebola a Bola - (2:14) - 258 plays
- Touradas Em Madrid - (2:39) - 213 plays