117 Shouts - 322,355 Scrobbles
Carmen Miranda (9 February 1909 – 5 August 1955) was a Portuguese-born Brazilian samba singer, dancer, Broadway actress, and film star who was popular from the 1930s to the 1950s. Miranda began her singing career in Brazil in 1929 where she was a major star before moving to the United States. In 1939, she performed on Broadway on which led to a Hollywood film career in 1940, with her first film Down Argentine Way. Nicknamed "The Brazilian Bombshell", Miranda is noted for her signature fruit hat outfit she wore in her American films, particularly in 1943's The Gang's All Here.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- South American Way - (2:52) - 1,841 plays
- Tico Tico - (2:39) - 636 plays
- Chica Chica Boom Chic - (2:20) - 584 plays
- Tico-tico - (2:35) - 301 plays
- Mama Eu Quero - (2:41) - 274 plays
- I, Yi, Yi, Yi, Yi (I Like You Very Much) - (2:14) - 261 plays
- O Que É Que A Baiana Tem - (3:13) - 152 plays
- Cuanto Le Gusta - (3:05) - 133 plays
- Rebola a Bola - (2:14) - 269 plays
- Touradas Em Madrid - (2:39) - 207 plays