0 Shouts - 188,562 Scrobbles
Carmen Pacheco Rodríguez, born in Linares (Jaén) in 1951, is without doubt a fundamental pillar of all current flamenco singing, she masters a vast repertoire of flamenco styles due to her long experience. Her enormous versatility has allowed her to take part in zarzuelas (a Spanish form of musical drama), plays and several projects involving classical musicians and musicans from the world of jazz. Out of her works, the recording of an anthology of female flamenco singing is the one which stands out.Read More...
She does not have any predecessors in her family involved in flamenco music; only her father, Antonio Pacheco, who used to play guitar as a hobby. Nonetheless, Carmen Linares used to sing in intimate gatherings since she was a child, and when she arrived in Madrid she introduced herself into the world of professionals. She started her artistic trajectory in the dance companies of Paco Romero and Carmen Mora. She made her first record with Juan Habichuela, as a protegé of Fosforito, and she cut her teeth in the capital's best tablaos. In Torres Bermejas, she shared the stage with Camarón, Perla de Cádiz, El Güito, José Mercé and Paco Cepero. At that time, the TVE (the Spanish public broadcasting company) television series Rito y geografía del flamenco presented her as one of the genre's quality young artists. She toured Japan with Merche Esmeralda, El Chaquetón, Luis Habichuela and Paco Antequera, and when she returned to Madrid, she joined the Café de Chinitas, with Enrique Morente, Carmen Mora, Manzanita and Tomás de Madrid.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Vareando aceitunas (Cantiñas) - 16,209 plays
- No Va Mi Niña - 12,838 plays
- Santa Ana Repica - 11,687 plays
- Bordando Un Capote - 11,307 plays
- Bulerias (A Mi Lucia) - 6,354 plays
- Tangos (Por la Calle Vienen) - 6,115 plays
- Cartagenera y Taranta (Adonde Vamos Dios Mio) - 5,649 plays
- Martinetes (Por Qu la Lunita Crece) - 4,992 plays
- Bordando Un Capote_Bulerias - 5,386 plays
- Tientos (Acordanome de Ti) - 4,846 plays