158 Shouts - 3,792,915 Scrobbles
Carly Simon (born Carly Elisabeth Simon on 25 June 1945 - New York City, USA) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, and children's author. She rose to fame in the 1970s with a string of hit records, and has since been the recipient of two Grammy Awards, an Academy Award, and a Golden Globe Award for her work. Throughout her career, she has amassed a total of 13 Top 40 Hits including "You're So Vain", "Nobody Does It Better" and "Coming Around Again".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyrics(carly simon)
You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht
Your hat strategically dipped below one eye
Your scarf it was apricot
You had one eye in the mirror as you watched yourself gavotte
- LyricsNobody does it better
Makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody does it half as good as you
Baby, you're the best
I wasn't lookin', but somehow you found me
- LyricsBaby sneezes
Daddy breezes in
So good on paper
- LyricsMy father sits at night with no lights on
His cigarette glows in the dark.
The living room is still;
I walk by, no remark.
I tiptoe past the master bedroom where
- LyricsWe can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
Or just chasing after some finer day.
- You Belong To Me - (3:52) - 3,502 plays
- The Right Thing To Do - (2:59) - 2,658 plays
- Haven't Got Time for the Pain - (3:55) - 2,241 plays
- Why - (4:02) - 3,074 plays
- Let the River Run - (3:43) - 2,002 plays