21 Shouts - 701,160 Scrobbles
Carla Thomas (born December 21, 1942 in Memphis, Tennessee) is often referred to as the Queen of Memphis Soul. At the age of 17, she recorded a duet with her father Rufus Thomas, "Because I Love You" , which became a Southern hit and gave the Satellite label (later Stax Records) its first real success. In 1961 she rose to national prominence with "Gee Whiz (Look in His Eyes)", which reached the Top Ten in both the R&B and Pop categories, becoming the first Memphis soul record to have an impact nationwide and insuring the success of the Stax Records label.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gee Whiz, It's Christmas - (2:44) - 5,096 plays
- B-a-b-y - (2:54) - 3,385 plays
- All I Want For Christmas Is You - (2:52) - 2,520 plays
- Gee Whiz (Look At His Eyes) - (2:20) - 1,491 plays
- Gee Whiz - (2:19) - 1,218 plays
- Let Me Be Good to You - (2:42) - 1,193 plays
- (Mama, Mama) Wish Me Good Luck - (2:25) - 978 plays
- I Kinda Think He Does - (2:36) - 1,010 plays
- I'll Bring It Home to You - (3:03) - 955 plays
- I Like What You're Doing (To Me) - (3:34) - 926 plays