0 Shouts - 194,305 Scrobbles
Carl Smith (March 15, 1927 – January 16, 2010) was a country music singer and guitarist. Known as "Mister Country", Smith was the former husband of June Carter Cash and drinking buddy of Johnny Cash. Carl and June are the parents of singer Carlene Carter. After his divorce from June, he married country singer Goldie Hill.Read More...
He retired from performing in 1979. He had many famous hits including, "Kisses Don't Lie", "Are You Teasing Me", "Hey Joe", and many others.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsDarling this is my desire, set your little old heart on fire
Do the things that lovers always do
So put your little hand in mine I buy you diamond ring so fine
Then I'll build a bungalow for two
Closer, a little closer
- LyricsHey Joe, where'd you find that pearly-girly?
Where'd you get that jolly-dolly?
How'd you rate that dish I wish was mine?
Hey Joe, she's got skin that's creamy-dreamy
Eyes that look so lovey-dovey
- LyricsSo long we've been married, life's burdens we carried
Though they kept us humble and made our love true
The plans that we made up, someone seems to break up
Oh, darlin', what else can we do?
We may have to leave here to find peace of mind, dear
- Go Boy Go - 11,449 plays
- LyricsIf teardrops were pennies and heartaches were gold
I'd have all the treasures my pockets would hold
I'd be oh so wealthy with treasures untold
If teardrops were pennies and heartaches were gold
An acre of diamonds I'd offer to you
- Hey Joe - 10,714 plays
- Are You Teasing Me - 10,246 plays
- Let's Live a Little - 10,057 plays
- I Overlooked an Orchid - 9,709 plays
- You are the One - 8,268 plays