Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach
0 Shouts - 1,317,253 Scrobbles
Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach (8 March 1714 - 14 December 1788) - more commonly known as C.P.E. Bach - was a German musician and composer of the early Classical period.Read More...
The second of eleven sons of Johann Sebastian Bach and Maria Barbara Bach, C.P.E. Bach was born in Weimar on 8th March 1714. He was one of the founders of the Classical style, composing in the Rococo and Classical periods.
Through the latter half of the eighteenth century, his reputation was very high. This was mainly because of his clavier sonatas, which marked an important development in the history of musical form. Lucid in style, delicate and tender in expression, they are even more notable for the freedom and variety of their structural design; they break away altogether from the exact formal antithesis which, with the composers of the Italian school, had hardened into convention, and substitute the wider and more flexible outline which the great Viennese masters showed to be capable of almost infinite development.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- II. Poco adagio - 66,959 plays
- Keyboard Sonata in B Minor, Wq. 55/3, H. 245: Cantabile - 64,720 plays
- Allegro ma non troppo - 55,972 plays
- Flute Concerto - movement #3 (CPE Bach) - 63,218 plays
- Andante ma non troppo - 50,072 plays
- I. Allegretto - 48,970 plays
- Allegro assai - 48,564 plays
- Allegro - 44,492 plays
- I. Poco adagio - 44,937 plays
- Poco andante - 43,361 plays