210 Shouts - 3,422,813 Scrobbles
Carl Orff (10th July 1895–29th March 1982) was a German composer, most famous for his Carmina Burana (1937), and an important and influential music educator. Orff was born in Munich and came from a Bavarian family that was very active in the German military. His father's regimental band supposedly often played the compositions of the young Orff. He studied at the Munich Academy of Music until 1914, then served in the military during World War I. Afterwards he held various positions at opera houses in Mannheim and Darmstadt, later to return to Munich to further pursue his musical studies.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Carmina Burana - O Fortuna - (2:36) - 4,538 plays
- Carmina Burana: O Fortuna - (2:39) - 3,855 plays
- LyricsSection: Imperatrix Mundi (Empress of the World)
O Fortuna (O Fortune)
velut luna (like the moon)
statu variabilis (you are changeable)
semper crescis (always waxing)
- Carmina Burana: "O Fortuna" - (2:38) - 1,195 plays
- Carmina Burana: XXV. O Fortuna - (2:38) - 1,006 plays
- Ecce gratum - (2:38) - 1,027 plays
- Fortune plango vulnera - (2:50) - 1,023 plays
- Carmina Burana - (4:02) - 1,005 plays
- Omnia sol temperat - (1:55) - 849 plays
- Veris leta facies - (3:43) - 822 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online