210 Shouts - 3,356,595 Scrobbles
Carl Orff (10th July 1895–29th March 1982) was a German composer, most famous for his Carmina Burana (1937), and an important and influential music educator. Orff was born in Munich and came from a Bavarian family that was very active in the German military. His father's regimental band supposedly often played the compositions of the young Orff. He studied at the Munich Academy of Music until 1914, then served in the military during World War I. Afterwards he held various positions at opera houses in Mannheim and Darmstadt, later to return to Munich to further pursue his musical studies.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- O Fortuna - (2:47) - 6,024 plays
- Carmina Burana - O Fortuna - (2:36) - 4,068 plays
- Carmina Burana: O Fortuna - (2:39) - 2,379 plays
- Carmina Burana: "O Fortuna" - (2:38) - 1,350 plays
- Fortune plango vulnera - (2:50) - 1,280 plays
- Ecce gratum - (2:38) - 1,107 plays
- Carmina Burana - (4:02) - 1,215 plays
- Omnia sol temperat - (1:55) - 1,010 plays
- Veris leta facies - (3:43) - 897 plays
- In taberna quando sumus - (3:15) - 939 plays