207 Shouts - 3,290,297 Scrobbles
Carl Orff (10th July 1895–29th March 1982) was a German composer, most famous for his Carmina Burana (1937), and an important and influential music educator. Orff was born in Munich and came from a Bavarian family that was very active in the German military. His father's regimental band supposedly often played the compositions of the young Orff. He studied at the Munich Academy of Music until 1914, then served in the military during World War I. Afterwards he held various positions at opera houses in Mannheim and Darmstadt, later to return to Munich to further pursue his musical studies.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- O Fortuna - (2:47) - 6,958 plays
- Carmina Burana - O Fortuna - (2:36) - 5,278 plays
- Carmina Burana: O Fortuna - (2:39) - 3,738 plays
- Carmina Burana - (4:02) - 2,017 plays
- Fortune plango vulnera - (2:50) - 1,844 plays
- Carmina Burana: "O Fortuna" - (2:38) - 1,454 plays
- Ecce gratum - (2:38) - 1,378 plays
- Omnia sol temperat - (1:55) - 1,147 plays
- Veris leta facies - (3:43) - 1,078 plays
- Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi: O Fortuna - (2:34) - 1,786 plays