24 Shouts - 267,864 Scrobbles
Carl August Nielsen (9th June 1865–3rd October 1931) was a conductor, violinist, and the most internationally known composer from Denmark. He is especially admired for his six symphonies. Nielsen was born one of twelve children in Sortelung, not far from the city of Odense. His father was a housepainter and amateur musician. Carl first discovered music by experimenting with the different sounds and pitches he heard when striking the logs in a pile of firewood behind his home. His family was relatively poor, but he was still able to learn the violin and piano as a child.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Aladdin - Concert Suite: 2. Aladdin's Dream and Dance of the Morning Mist - Edit - (2:46) - 817 plays
- Helios Overture - (12:09) - 618 plays
- Symphony No. 4, Op. 29, FS 76, "The Inextinguishable": I. Allegro - (10:44) - 183 plays
- Taagen letter (The Fog is Lifting), Op. 41: Andantino quasi allegretto - (2:25) - 196 plays
- Tågen letter - (2:22) - 143 plays
- Symphony No. 1 In G Minor, Op. 7, FS 16: I. Allegro Orgoglioso - (10:02) - 116 plays
- The Fog is Lifting - (3:40) - 136 plays
- Förunderligt och märkligt: Hymns and Sacred Songs, FS 83: No. 1. Forunderligt och markligt (Wonderful and strange) (originally as Forunderligt at sige) (Strange to say) - (2:39) - 188 plays
- Symphony No. 1 In G Minor, Op. 7, FS 16: II. Andante - (8:21) - 81 plays
- Symphony No. 1 In G Minor, Op. 7, FS 16: III. Allegro Comodo - (7:50) - 65 plays