24 Shouts - 261,064 Scrobbles
Carl August Nielsen (9th June 1865–3rd October 1931) was a conductor, violinist, and the most internationally known composer from Denmark. He is especially admired for his six symphonies. Nielsen was born one of twelve children in Sortelung, not far from the city of Odense. His father was a housepainter and amateur musician. Carl first discovered music by experimenting with the different sounds and pitches he heard when striking the logs in a pile of firewood behind his home. His family was relatively poor, but he was still able to learn the violin and piano as a child.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Taagen letter (The Fog is Lifting), Op. 41: Andantino quasi allegretto - (2:25) - 615 plays
- Aladdin - Concert Suite: 2. Aladdin's Dream and Dance of the Morning Mist - Edit - (2:46) - 519 plays
- Helios Overture - (12:09) - 690 plays
- Symphony No. 4, Op. 29, FS 76, "The Inextinguishable": I. Allegro - (10:44) - 163 plays
- Symphony No. 1 In G Minor, Op. 7, FS 16: I. Allegro Orgoglioso - (10:02) - 94 plays
- Förunderligt och märkligt: Hymns and Sacred Songs, FS 83: No. 1. Forunderligt och markligt (Wonderful and strange) (originally as Forunderligt at sige) (Strange to say) - (2:39) - 175 plays
- Tågen letter - (2:22) - 124 plays
- Symphony No. 4, Op. 29, FS 76, "The Inextinguishable": II. Poco allegretto - (5:13) - 108 plays
- Symphony No. 4, Op. 29, FS 76, "The Inextinguishable": IV. Allegro - (3:02) - 97 plays
- Symphony No. 4, Op. 29, FS 76, "The Inextinguishable": III. Poco adagio quasi andante - (10:28) - 91 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online