22 Shouts - 224,368 Scrobbles
Carl August Nielsen (9th June 1865–3rd October 1931) was a conductor, violinist, and the most internationally known composer from Denmark. He is especially admired for his six symphonies. Nielsen was born one of twelve children in Sortelung, not far from the city of Odense. His father was a housepainter and amateur musician. Carl first discovered music by experimenting with the different sounds and pitches he heard when striking the logs in a pile of firewood behind his home. His family was relatively poor, but he was still able to learn the violin and piano as a child.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Act Iii - March - (1:22) - 705 plays
- Act Iii - Hindu Dance - (2:46) - 601 plays
- Act Iv - Andantino Maestoso - (0:54) - 529 plays
- Act Ii - A Beautiful Square In Isfahan - (3:03) - 415 plays
- Act Ii - Gulnare And Aladdin (Love Scene) - (2:14) - 410 plays
- Symphony 1 - IV. Finale: Allegro con fuoco - (7:52) - 318 plays
- Symphony 3 - II. Andante pastorale - (9:28) - 250 plays
- Act V - The Struggle Between Hindbad And Aladdin - (4:12) - 182 plays
- Symphony 4 - IV. Allegro - (8:46) - 165 plays
- Helios Overture - (12:09) - 196 plays