24 Shouts - 245,300 Scrobbles
Carl August Nielsen (9th June 1865–3rd October 1931) was a conductor, violinist, and the most internationally known composer from Denmark. He is especially admired for his six symphonies. Nielsen was born one of twelve children in Sortelung, not far from the city of Odense. His father was a housepainter and amateur musician. Carl first discovered music by experimenting with the different sounds and pitches he heard when striking the logs in a pile of firewood behind his home. His family was relatively poor, but he was still able to learn the violin and piano as a child.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Taagen letter (The Fog is Lifting), Op. 41: Andantino quasi allegretto - (2:25) - 731 plays
- Helios Overture - (12:09) - 507 plays
- Four Quartet Movements (Quartet No. 2 in F Major): II. Andante tranquillamente - (4:43) - 111 plays
- Act Iii - March - (1:22) - 63 plays
- Act Iii - Hindu Dance - (2:46) - 80 plays
- Hymns and Sacred Songs, FS 83: No. 8. Min Jesus lad mit hjerte faa - (1:45) - 62 plays
- Aftenstemning - (2:53) - 34 plays
- Act Ii - Gulnare And Aladdin (Love Scene) - (2:14) - 39 plays
- Act Iv - Andantino Maestoso - (0:54) - 52 plays
- Act Ii - A Beautiful Square In Isfahan - (3:03) - 43 plays